Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Pastor
Classification: Non-exempt, Part-Time
Under the direct supervision of assigned Ministerial Staff and the Executive Pastor, this position provides high level administrative support for the assigned ministries. In addition to typing, filing and scheduling, performs duties such as coordination of meetings, obtaining supplies and working on special projects. Also, answers correspondence and at times works with highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of external callers, church members and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize varied workload. Duties and responsibilities should be performed in a manner to Glorify Christ and further the mission and strategies Hopewell Baptist Church.
- Schedules and organizes complex activities such as meetings, travel, camps and other ministry events.
- Maintains and updates filing system for ministries supported.
- Organizes and prioritizes large volumes of information.
- Mail and email for ministries supported. Drafts written responses or replies by e-mail when necessary. Responds to regularly occurring requests for information.
- Answers the phone for ministries supported. Takes messages or fields/answers all routine and non-routine questions.
- Maintain church database
- Acts as a liaison with other ministries, church members, visitors and outside groups.
- Must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with stringent deadlines and changes with absolute confidentiality
- Must be very detail oriented, efficient, and able to work well under pressure
- A team player who is capable of working with little supervision
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office 365
- Proficient and professional in both written & verbal communications
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Strong born-again Christian that is heavily involved in a church of like faith and order with a lifestyle within the teachings of God’s Word and the values of Hopewell Baptist Church
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
This is a non-exempt, part-time position. Days and hours of work are generally Monday through Thursday 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
Recommended Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years of related experience in an office environment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume via email to our Executive Pastor, Gregory Shaver, JD, CCA.